Women of Purpose
“Living in Fellowship, Study, and Community”
The Vision for Women of Purpose at Second Baptist is to develop a caring community of women devoted to Christ, through:
1. STUDY – Providing women the opportunity to study God’s Word through Titus2Gether with our First Lady Kelley Cornish Slaughter
2. SERVICE – Providing opportunities to serve others
3. SUPPORT – Creating a safe place where women can find biblically-sound support
4. SOCIAL – Women meeting together regularly with other believers
Women of Purpose is much more than a program or gathering of women. Our Women’s Ministry is a vessel that God uses to help grow the Kingdom and edify women from all walks of life. For information on our ministry or to join, please vist www.secondbaptistchurchaiken.org .
Come journey with us!
Click image to enlarge
Hello my Sisters and a HUGE WELCOME to our new classmates! We are half way through our time together and I hope that you are enjoying our Summer of Self Love classes! You should be getting to know more about yourself and how to live on purpose with more self-compassion, and you’re understanding that you are truly fearfully and wonderfully made! Psalm 139:14. Please review the message board above and at the end of the email with all of the news and notes that will catch you up and prepare you for the next few sessions! See you on Saturday and invite a friend to join!!!
Love you all!
You can sign up by completing the form below or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also sign up via the Facebook Group “Women of Purpose” by click the facebook icon below
SAVE THE DATE! SATURDAY, AUGUST 14TH - ALL WHITE PARTY AND SELF-LOVE AFFAIR! 8:30 AM - NOON (IN PERSON)
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Topic: A Summer of Self-Love with Kelley Cornish Slaughter
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Meeting ID: 826 4354 8569
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,82643548569#,,,,*891811# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,82643548569#,,,,*891811# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC) – Conference Call line (Meeting ID and Passcode above)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 826 4354 8569
NOTES FOR JULY 10TH CLASS:
9:30 – 10:00 am – Sign in via ZOOM or Conference Line, technology check, greetings and coffee time
ZOOM Link (passcode required):
Meeting ID: 826 4354 8569; Passcode: 891811
Conference Line: 1- 301-715-8592 (use meeting ID and passcode above)
10:00 am – 11:30 am – Table Talk Time
Book for class: Self-Love: Workbook for Women – Release Self-Doubt, Build Self-Compassion, and Embrace Who You Are! by Megan Logan
(ordering info below)
Saturday’s assignment and pre-work – Pages 47 – 83; Read Proverbs 11 – 15
Saturday, July 24th
Saturday, July 31st
THURSDAY, August 12th (7pm)
MESSAGE BOARD HERE
Self-Love Scriptures are attached for you to read and meditate on;
Summer meeting schedule and pre-work assignments – please read prior to our class for discussion: (Note: Our last session will be on a Thursday)
– Saturday, June 5: Part One/Section One – Introduction – page 13 in your book; Read Proverbs 1 – 5
– Saturday, June 19: Part One/Section Two and Part Two/Section Three – pages 14 – 46; Read Proverbs 6 – 10
– Saturday, July 10: Part Two/Section Four and Section Five – Pages 47 – 83; Read Proverbs 11 – 15
– Saturday, July 24: Part Two/Section Six and Section Seven – Pages 84 – 127; Read Proverbs 16 – 20
– Saturday, July 31: Part Two/Section Eight – Pages 128 – 149; Read Proverbs 21 – 25
– THURSDAY, AUGUST 12, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM: A Final Word on Self-Love – Pages 150 – 155; Read Proverbs 26 – 31
Oprah and Brene Brown – You will see a life lived well and what it takes to get there!
Proverb 8 – This will give you a better understanding of Proverb 8.
You Can Count on Me – This will warm your spirit and encourage you to reach out to a friend!